How to Turnover Your Apartment for the Next Renter in Pepper Pike
If you are new to the property management industry, we have some tips we would like to share with you.
If you are a property manager of a Euclid, Richmond Heights, Shaker Heights, or surrounding areas apartment complex, you may be familiar with what to do when turning over an apartment. However, if you are new to the property management industry, we have some tips we would like to share with you. A clean and sanitized facility is most important!
Steps to Turning Over an Apartment
What you should look out for to repair an apartment.
- Change air filters
- Check for leaky drains and pipes, and other water damage
- Check drains for clogs
- Get plumbing inspected by a professional
- Check if all appliances are working (fridge, stove, oven, microwave, washer, dryer, etc.)
- Replace windows and window screens, if needed
- Tighten or loosen hardware (doorknobs, towel bars, handles on cabinets, etc.)
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Replace lightbulbs
- Wipe walls before painting (always do this to remove any cobwebs, stains, dirt, and debris, which can prevent paint from sticking)
- Paint walls
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast specializes in fire and water - restoration and cleanup. We understand that if you have experienced a disaster, you need someone you can call on 24/7. Call us at any time, day, or night at (216) 464-4498 or visit our Website. We are always Here to Help!
Sanitizing & Disinfecting Your Shaker Heights Home: What’s The Difference?
Do you know the difference between sanitizing and disinfecting? Prior to the global pandemic, you probably never even thought about it.
Do you know the difference between sanitizing and disinfecting? Prior to the global pandemic, you probably never even thought about it. Now, knowing the difference is of utmost importance for your business and even your home.
Disinfecting is destroying viruses, bacteria, and fungi on surfaces. Sanitization is removing visible contamination and debris.
With deep cleaning and disinfecting now part of normal business, you can rely the SERVPRO experts who deal specifically with biological contaminants on a regular basis.
When you call SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast, you can be assured we will clean your Pepper Pike, Brooklyn Heights, Northeast Cleveland, and surrounding properties using CDC approved disinfectants, sanitizing agents, germicides, or antimicrobial treatments.
Commercial Spaces that may require deep cleaning and disinfecting:
- Sales counters
- Water fountains
- Soda and snack machines
- Kitchens, break rooms, and food areas
- Carpets, rugs, and drapes
- Playgrounds and fitness equipment
Our team of professionals can handle any commercial cleaning needs. Our crew members are highly educated and trained in their field of expertise. If you need any of our services – cleaning, water, or fire restoration, or construction, call us anytime at (216) 464-4498 or visit our Website! We are available 24/7. We serve Beachwood, Euclid, Cuyahoga Heights, and surrounding areas.
How to Prevent Damage from Winter Storms in Euclid
Heavy snowstorms are bound to sweep through Euclid. There are certain things to look for after a storm to see if your Euclid home incurred damage.
Heavy snowstorms are bound to sweep through Euclid. There are certain things you could look for after a storm to see if your Euclid home incurred any damage. Here is what to expect from the first heavy snowstorm of the year.
What to Check After a Snowstorm
- Make sure the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector are working. This is important as most homes will lose electricity during a blizzard and must burn wood or fuel inside the home to stay warm.
- Check for broken water pipes and shut off the water supply until a professional can come and repair them.
- Look around your home and check for any broken or shattered windows. Temporary fixes include covering them with plywood or taping blankets for insulation.
- Listen to a radio for any roadblocks or emergency announcements.
- If you have a chimney, make sure there is no structural damage. You don’t want to light a fire and have the smoke backing up into your home.
- It’s important that you check for broken tree limbs as well. They could fall later and damage your yard or even cause potential injury.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always here to help, 24/7. Give us a call at (216) 464-4498 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!
What to Do in Case of a Fire at Your Cleveland School
Every school has their own guidelines on what to do in case a fire occurs.
Every school has their own guidelines on what to do in case a fire occurs. Each school has a unique escape plan as well as guidelines to follow. Below we will share a general overview on what is to be expected of students, faculty, and guests in case of a fire emergency at school.
Steps to Take When Evacuating
University of Little Rock advises to:
- Immediately pull the nearest fire alarm pull station as you exit the building.
- When evacuating the building, be sure to feel doors for heat before opening them to be sure there is no fire danger on the other side.
- If there is smoke in the air, stay low to the ground, especially your head, to reduce inhalation exposure. Keep your hand on the wall to prevent disorientation and crawl to the nearest exit.
- Once away and clear from danger, call your report contact and inform them of the fire.
- Go to your refuge area and await further instructions from emergency personnel.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast are fire and water damage restoration specialists for Pepper Pike, Mayfield Heights, South Euclid and surrounding communities.
We are always Here to Help, 24/7. If a fire does occur in your home, give us a call at (216) 464-4498 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!
Is Your Cleveland Heights Business Prepared for a Disaster?
Disasters can strike any time, anywhere. Is your Cleveland business prepared for one?
Disasters come in all shapes and sizes. Fires, floods, storms, and more can all occur in your Cleveland business. They can be detrimental to your operations and your revenue.
Is your business prepared for massive flooding? Do you know how your business would recover from a catastrophic storm? If you do not know, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is Here to Help!
How To Prepare
You cannot prevent a massive storm from striking, but with the help of SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast, we can prepare you for the road to recovery. SERVPRO offers a FREE service called an ERP, or Emergency READY Profile.
What is an ERP?
An ERP is a no-cost assessment of your facility that does the following:
- Gives SERVPRO critical information needed in an emergency
- A guide to help get you back into your building fast
- Establishes SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast as your disaster mitigation provider
- Identifies the line of command to authorize work to begin
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valves, priority areas, and more
If your business is ready for an ERP, learn more here.
Why You Need to Be Prepared
According to a FEMA Study, 40% of businesses do not reopen following a disaster and another 25% fail within one year. We do not want any businesses in Cleveland to be one of those statistics. Another reason is the fact that every hour dealing with a disaster is an hour of lost revenue. You need a disaster recovery team who can respond fast. SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is just that. An ERP speeds that process up even more!
If you live in Beachwood, Shaker Heights, or Cleveland Heights and are ready for an ERP, call us today at (216) 464-4498 or visit our Website to get your business back to operational fast.
SERVPRO Installs Smoke Alarms with the American Red Cross in Cleveland
Our SERVPRO team had the opportunity to support the American Red Cross in the installation of smoke alarms in residential homes in our community.
SERVPRO Team Dobson had the opportunity to help support the American Red Cross in the installation of smoke alarms in residential homes throughout the Cleveland community. Some of our team ventured out into local homes to install smoke alarms to homes that were in need. Our SERVPRO Team also had the opportunity to serve through educating people in our community about fire safety! We are grateful for the American Red Cross having us and for the opportunity to serve our community in this way.
Visit our Website for tips on what to do before help arrives if you experience a fire.
We also provide information on what to do after a fire, and what not to do. SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is professionally trained in restoring fire damage and removing smoke odor. Should you live in Lyndhurst, Valley View, Bratenahl, or surrounding areas, call us today, (216) 464-4498.
Free Continuing Education Classes in Beachwood
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast loves to offer free continuing education classes to insurance professionals in our community.
SERVPRO Team Dobson recently held a continuing education class for local insurance professionals at the Drury hotel in Beachwood. SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast loves to offer free continuing education classes to insurance professionals in our community. We like to share knowledge on water and fire damage restoration and inform local insurance professionals of the ins and outs of the restoration industry. Below are a list of topics that we teach to local insurance professionals in our community:
- Understanding Mold
- Biohazard Cleanup
- Restoring Contaminated Buildings
- Cleaning and Restoring Smoke Damage
- Restorative Drying for Water Damage
Visit our Website for more information on these topics and how SERVPRO Team Dobson handles each of them. SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is professionally trained in restoring fire damage and removing smoke odor. Call SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast today to find out more about our free continuing education classes, (216) 464-4498.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast Large Loss Response Team
Whether the damages are flooding, tornadoes, or even effects from winter storms, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast can and will respond.
Storms in Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast are definitely no stranger to the community. In addition, storms can be known to cause their fair share of damages. No matter how severe the damages are, no job is too large for our team to manage. Whether the damages are flooding, tornadoes, or even effects from winter storms, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast can and will respond immediately. The reason we have the ability to do this is because we have strategically placed resources and have a highly trained “storm team” on standby, ready to go at a moment’s notice.
The highly trained team here at SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast not only has highly trained employees, but also state-of-the-art equipment. This equipment allows us to use the best drying techniques which allows us to be the leaders in the water restoration industry, which means we get your home or business back to preloss condition.
We specialize in fire and water - restoration and cleanup, and we serve the communities of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and beyond.
If you have experienced a disaster, you need someone you can call on 24/7. Call us at any time, day, or night at (216) 464-4498 visit our Facebook page. We are always Here to Help!
Sewage Backup in South Euclid, Yuck!
As industry leaders in water restoration, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland NE will take care of this nightmare situation.
Sewage backups and water line backups are some of the miserable repercussions of water damage that homeowners or renters can experience.
These backups can happen in several ways, whether it’s a backed-up toilet, water line back up due to flooding, or even a city mishap. Any way it happens, it is water damage that has the potential to be very dangerous. If you are ever in this situation, it is important to know the toxicity of the water damage. It is also important to know who to call to take care of this type of loss in a quick manner.
The first thing you need to know is the categories of water and how they differ:
- Category 1: “Clean Water” - This is water from source that is considered consumable water, such as from a broken water line or a faucet. This water if left unattended can quickly deteriorate to categories 2 or 3.
- Category 2: “Gray Water” - This water is where the significant level of contamination begins, if ingested it would cause illness. The primary sources of this category of water is usually from washing machine overflows, toilet overflow with no feces, or a dishwasher overflow. This category of water could contain bacteria or viruses and could quickly deteriorate to category 3 if left untreated.
- Category 3: “Dark Water” - This water is incredibly unsanitary and will cause severe illness or even death if ingested, and any skin contact should always be avoided. Source of Category 3 could come from any sort of outdoor flooding scenario. Water from beyond the toilet trap (sewage backup) and water that has started to support any mold growth.
As industry leaders in water restoration, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland NE will take care of this nightmare situation. This is an emergency situation, and we will take care of it as such. We will get your home to look “Like it never even happened.”
We are proud to serve the communities of Lyndhurst, University Heights, and Pepper Pike. If you do experience a disaster, you need a reliable company that you can count on 24/7. Call us at any time, day, or night at (216) 464-4498 or visit our Website!
It is Time for a Deep Cleaning for Your Beachwood Business
A good and thorough deep cleaning for your Beachwood business is satisfying and much needed at times.
A good and thorough deep cleaning for your business is satisfying and much needed at times. For a commercial business, a thorough, deep clean can be a huge undertaking. Most companies try to avoid hiring a third-party vendor to do their cleaning to keep costs down. However, when it comes to a deep and thorough cleaning of your building, using employed staff just might not get the job done in a correct and timely manner.
SERVPRO of Beachwood/Shaker Heights/Cleveland Heights provides this service for our local Cleveland businesses in Valley View, Richmond Heights, Euclid, and surrounding areas. Below are the multiple ways we can clean your commercial business:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blind
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
SERVPRO of Beachwood/Shaker Heights/Cleveland Heights is a premier cleaning and restoration company. We are available 24/7 at (216) 464-4498. You can also visit our website!