How to Preserve your Important Documents from a Storm in Cleveland, OH
In large storms or any type of water flood in your South Euclid home, there's a few things you can do to protect important documents.
First and foremost utilize simple household items like sealable sandwich bags. They will protect documents from water. You can keep anything you deem important in these and just use them from the bags. This way you're prepared if an unexpected flood occurs to your Valley View home.
If a storm is coming, you can use your dishwasher for important documents. The dishwasher has the ability to lock water in or out and because it is attached to cabinets, it is less likely to be destroyed in events like tornadoes or hurricanes.
Here's what our friends at WRAL News are saying about which documents are important to safekeep:
- Driver's license, photo ID
- Emergency contact list or address book (even if contacts are stored in a smartphone)
- Insurance policies (health, home, auto)
- Vital documents (birth certificates, passports, wills)
- Bank account information (account numbers, passwords)
- Photocopies of credit and debit cards (front and back)
- Stock certificates, investment information
- Extra keys (home, safe deposit box, office and car)"
If you or someone you know experiences storm damage to your Garfield Heights home, contact SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast at 216.464.4498 today!