Conditions In Beachwood, Shaker Heights or Cleveland Heights Might Be Right For Mold
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause negative health effects.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast for mold remediation services.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast to assess the situation at 216-464-4498. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business. We extend our services all over the Cleveland/Beachwood area including, but not limited to: Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, and Euclid.