Do’s and Don'ts for Water Damage in Beachwood, Ohio
As winter finally ends in Northeast Ohio and spring and summer make their long-awaited return with pleasant weather, you can be sure that severe storms will follow as well.
Here are some Do’s & Don’ts from the experts at SERVPRO if your Beachwood home and business are faced with unforeseen water damage this year:
What To Do
- Remove the excess water by mopping
- Remove all loose items that may be on the floor or where the water damage may reach.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying.
What NOT To Do
- Do NOT use any electrical items to remove water. For example, a vacuum.
- Do NOT leave wet fabrics in place, hang these items out to air dryer if affected by water damage.
- Do NOT enter rooms with wet ceilings or use ceiling fixtures that also are affected by water damage.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is the #1 choice in fire and water cleanup and restoration, and we are available to help residents and business owners throughout Garfield Heights, Valley View, Brooklyn Heights, and surrounding communities.
We can be reached at (216) 932-4498 or you can visit our Website or our Facebook page.