Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Once you have all of your safety boxes checked off, the next questions you should ask yourself is:
- Is this water damage covered by my insurance?
- What water restoration company can I call to clean up this mess?
Well, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast have the answers for you! To find out if the water damage that occurred to your Pepper Pike, Lyndhurst, Valley View, and surrounding areas home is covered by your insurance, give them a call! They will be able to let you know if water damage coverage is written in your insurance policy. Next, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast recommends you to call us if you ever experience water damage at your home or commercial property. We work directly with your insurance and we work quickly to make your damage look "Like it never even happened."
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (216) 464-4498
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.